- Our Communications Advisor is responsible for leading the implementation of the CNSOPB’s communications strategy and helping with the transition to become the Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Energy Regulator. This includes stakeholder engagement, media and government relations, and internal and external communications strategies.
- Lead the development and execution of communication activities.
- Lead the implementation of communication strategies.
- Maintain effective relationships with media, respond to / coordinate all media calls and requests for interviews, and organize other events.
- Prepare news releases, holding statements, speeches, presentations, etc.
- Oversee, maintain, and maximize effectiveness of website, intranet, and social media content, in collaboration with the Management Team.
- Support the Director, Operations/Health, Safety & Environment in the coordination of the Indigenous engagement process.
- Colleen joined the CNSOPB in October 2023
- Colleen began her communications career in 2009 at Ovintiv (formerly Encana)
Professional Affiliations, Degrees, and Distinctions:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Major in History, Mount Saint Vincent University
- Advanced Diploma in Public Relations, Nova Scotia Community College
- Member of the International Association of Business Communicators
More About Me:
- Colleen enjoys spending time with her friends and family, especially her husband, young daughter, and cat.
- Colleen has a passion for reading, yoga, travelling, and spending time outside.