Advisor, Occupational Safety and Health
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer, Operational Safety Officer
- Leads the CNSOPB review/oversight of operator occupational health and safety (OHS) practices and the continuous improvement of CNSOPB internal OHS practices
- Leads the CNSOPB oversight of offshore aviation safety (offshore helicopter transport)
- Leads the development of guidance information for the new OHS Regulations being drafted
- Leads incident reviews, investigations and follow-ups as well as leads the CNSOPB’s tracking/trending of incidents
- Monitors compliance and conducts periodic onshore (office) and offshore audits and inspections
- Assists in the review of activity authorization applications
- Acts as a liaison for occupational health and safety with other government departments
- Over 13 years of experience in the health and safety field, including five years with the CNSOPB
- Prior to joining the CNSOPB, Roberta held safety professional roles at various levels and was a corporate safety leader in high-risk, heavy-industry workplaces in Canada and internationally
- Extensive experience at developing, implementing, evaluating, and reporting on the status of health and safety systems, initiatives, and performance, with applied academics supporting practical applications in fatality prevention, risk assessments, management of change, injury prevention and loss control, training, and safety culture
- Roberta has participated in the working groups for the development of the first national standard for workplace first aid training and workplace first aid kits (leading globally other international jurisdictions looking to do the same). She also played a key role in the development of occupational health and safety policy intent that formed the basis of the new regulations being drafted
- She is an active member in several influential national and international health and safety technical advisory committees, working groups and associations.
Professional Affiliations, Degrees, and Accolades:
- Bachelor of Science (Health Promotion), Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Science (Major in Psychology/Minor in Biology), Acadia University
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional
- Member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineers
- Member of CSA Group
- Featured and contributed as a safety professional in occupational safety and industry publications and at Queens University for a program in leadership.
More About Me:
- Personal interests and hobbies include painting and other creative arts, escape rooms and other group activities/experiences, hot yoga, and travel.