Advisor, Health & Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer, Operational Safety Officer
- Provides professional advice and regulatory oversight to the CNSOPB on matters pertaining to operational and occupational health and safety and protection of the environment, with a particular focus on marine, diving, geophysical/geotechnical and offshore construction operations, as well as matters of marine security, incident investigation and root cause analysis, and quality assurance.
- Manages the CNSOPB’s audit and inspection program, including maintaining key policies and procedures governing the conduct of audits and inspections, incident investigations, and risk management.
- Leads audits/inspections and incident investigations, reviews and follow-up
- Coordinates the authorization process for various geophysical, geotechnical, and diving activities, and actively participates in the authorization process of drilling and production programs carried out in the Canada-Nova Scotia offshore area
- Over 20 years of work experience, including over seven years with the CNSOPB
- Prior to joining the CNSOPB team, Joachim worked for 13 years in an executive role in the field of quality, health, safety, environmental protection and security with offshore support vessel companies operating in Atlantic Canada and internationally
- Joachim represents the CNSOPB on a variety of committees, including the Canadian Marine Advisory Council, Canadian Standards Association’s Diving Standards Technical Committee and Natural Resources Canada’s Energy and Utilities Sector Network
- During his time with the CNSOPB, Joachim played a key role in the development of the Atlantic Canada Standby Vessel Guidelines
Professional Affiliations, Degrees, and Accolades:
- Master of Marine Management, Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Maritime Studies, University of Piraeus
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional
- TapRooT® Advanced Incident Investigation Team Leader and Instructor
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada Integrated Safety Investigation Methodology Training
- UK National Hyperbaric Centre, Diving Systems Auditing and Assurance and Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis Training
More About Me:
- In his spare time, Joachim enjoys playing music, collecting vinyl records, reading, playing chess, travelling, hiking, soccer and hockey.