New Year. New Website.
Over the past couple of years, we have met with Indigenous communities and stakeholders to better understand how we can continue to build trust and confidence with the public that we serve. In these conversations, we heard:
- Communication is key in helping others understand who we are, what we do and how we do our job
- We can do a better job explaining technical matters in plain language
We recognize that our work is very technical in nature and that we need to do a better job of communicating our regulatory processes. So, we’re launching a new website to help us do just that.
Our new website:
- Is written in plain language so that it’s easy to understand.
- Has been designed to provide an improved user experience that it’s easy to navigate and search for information.
- Provides a look inside our organization to get to know our staff, our expertise and what we do to ensure that operators take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of workers and the environment.
- Has a dedicated space that houses all of our public engagement activities to reinforce our commitment to listening to you to ensure we are making informed decisions.
We want our new website to be a valued tool that keeps you informed and is easy to understand. With that in mind, watch for our blog posts where we will share stories and get up close with some of our technical specialists. We will be kicking off our blog next month by reflecting on our history to celebrate our 30th anniversary.
We invite you to explore our new website and share your feedback with us. If you have questions, we encourage you to reach out.